3.19.2007

The music will get me through this.

Some hard times through the Steve Miller camp. I'm a little stressed out about my financial situation. I mean there is rent, bills, student loans, food, gas. Where did all these obligations come from?

I didn't used to have to worry about this stuff. Rent: Used to be covered by the folks, then Uncle Same, now me. Bills: Same. Student Loans: Uncle Sam. Food: Folks & Uncle Sam. Gas: I've always had that...it came from the food and now the stress of all this.

Through all this, the music has kept me going (and my friends, but that's expected). My new favorite song is "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs. Sounds like some old Tears for Fears or Duran, Duran maybe. Also, my coworker introduced me to Manu Chao. Great sounding latin/funk/reggae. And those are genres I don't usually listen to. Check out "Me Gustas Tu." Ahorra! Andale!

1 comment:

Kira said...

Steve!
Apply for food stamps.
It's easy and you can get like $150/month for food stuffs.
I had them for a year in college and I ate WELL!

:)